Never Ever Ever

Never Ever Ever
Brad Choen

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Good news!?

My dad finally got me an appointment with a Nerologist!
For the past week they have been saying stuff like, 'we got a referral from your primary care doctor, but nothing explaining why.'
-_-# Why do you think? I'm asking to see a specific Nerologist who specializes in TS and has TS himself... Hmmm time to call in Sherlock Holmes, huh?
But anyway, I am excited to see him. The sooner I get a diagnosis the better. I still tell people, when they ask, that I have Tourette's and... I'd really rather not, unless that's really what I have. The Nameless Disorder is harder to deal with, and live with than what I hope having a name will be.

A side note: We have a new employee at my job. We'll call him Jay. He has been really cool about my tics. Though he's never asked me and I never told him a word about what's going on, he has been really awesome. Especially when 'Mary' tells him to "shut up". I really give him props for that.

So, that's my good news. I put a question mark because some people are surprised I'm happy to see a Nerologist. Well, like I said before living with a nameless disorder is tough, and I'm hoping putting a name to it will make life a little easier. Am I nervous? Of corse! Though I am used to seeing doctors by now. I see a Tharipist/Phsycologist every other week. I see a Phsyciatrist once a month and my primary care doctor once every 2 months. Along with an occasional ER visit which is usually unrelated to my tics. (I have other health problems)
Seeing doctors regularly, I know the drill pretty well and am learning the lingo they use. I just worry he won't come up with anything wrong and think I'm making it up. I keep telling myself that won't happen because I'm not faking it. It's impossible to fake it. You'd have to focus on it 24/7. You'd have to remember to tic.
On good tic days I won't tic too much, but I have bad days where I won't hardly have a minute without it. Though it still worries me. Irrational as it may be.
Well, thanks for reading. Catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment